Suffering from thyroid disease means you also have to suffer remembering to take your thyroid medication. Failing to do so can cause serious health complications–increased risk of muscle weakness, insomnia, depression, high blood pressure, low body temperature, elevated cholesterol, and several other painful symptoms. If you are tired of your current medication, you might want to consider having thyroid hormone replacement therapy. In this post, we will discuss what it is, its benefits, and why it’s the better choice for those who suffer from thyroid disease.
What is Thyroid Hormone Replacement?
Thyroid hormone replacement therapy helps to replace and maintain the body’s missing thyroid hormones. It also works as a catalyst to help stop the spread of any cancer cells that may still be in your body. Hormone replacement comes in a variety of different forms, including pills, creams, injections, and pellet therapy. You and your doctor can discuss and choose these options and choose the form which will be best for your lifestyle and your health goals, but the most recent discovery is the benefits of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement T
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) is one of the more recent breakthroughs in modern medicine and hormone replacement therapy. This hormone therapy option is a new and innovative way to replace depleting hormones in the body. Bioidentical hormones seek to replicate the hormones that have been lost in the body in a natural way with materials that are plant- and animal-based. There are several health benefits of choosing BHRT. The following are just a few to consider:
- Alleviates pain: Hormone therapy clinical studies have shown that the use of hormone replacement therapies like BHRT
havethe ability to alleviate pain, reduce hot flashes, prevent night sweats, and helps with several other premenopausal symptoms.
- Improved focus and energy: Hormone deficiency often lowers your energy and limits your ability to focus. BHRT has been known to improve your energy, increase your motivation, and provide you with more mental clarity to help you enjoy all aspects of your life.
- Stronger muscles & bones: Without a proper hormone balance, you run the risk of having osteoporosis. This increases the risk of weak bones and muscle atrophy. Having balanced hormones in the body helps to improve these conditions and strengthens both your muscles and bones.
- Enhanced sex life: When you have an imbalanced mix of testosterone, estrogen, or progesterone–often the case when it comes to thyroid issues–it can put a serious damper on your sex life. It can cause unsatisfied intimate relationships and loss of desire completely. BHRT can help restore these hormones to a healthy level so that sex can be a healthy and natural part of your life again.
- Ability to lose weight: An inability to lose weight is a prime symptom of an underactive thyroid. Balancing your thyroid hormones can help speed up your metabolism which allows you to shed unwanted weight.
Find a hormone specialist for your BHRT treatment
If you are struggling to maintain your thyroid disease and are seeking an alternative treatment, there’s no better time than now to seek help. At SDBody, our team knows hormone therapy forwards and backward. They are there to help you know the same. They will help pair you with the best treatment option for your symptoms. Be sure call to schedule a hormone therapy appointment today and get your symptom-free life back!